So today was beach day. I really love this day, and especially the beach we take the students too. But, i'm not sure how i feel about it anymore. Usually my time spent at Bellows is beautiful, fun-filled, and sunny. Today, amongst those things, the water was filled with Portegiese Man-a-wars. And I had an encounter with one while wading in the water...actually, i wasn't even in the water. It washed up on the shore, right where my feet were. The tail-like stinger wrapped around both of my legs, sending a crazy and VERY painful feeling into my body. I thought at first "wow, cool...i've been stung by a jelly fish...i can't wait to tell people about this!". But after about ten minutes, i wasn't very excited about it anymore. What happens when you get stung is the sting causes your glands to swell up; either at the top of your legs or under your arms, depending on where you get stung. So i had already gone to the lifegaurd and he put some vinegar on it, when i started to feel the cramping in my upper legs...and lower back...and stomach... and i was scared. They say as long as you can breathe normally you're ok, but i started to get scared and THOUGHT i couldn't breathe. Haha. Really i was fine...and still am. But i had crazy welts on my foot and around both legs. They're gone now, for the most part...and it still is pretty cool to say... i've been stung by a jelly fish!

No comments:

Post a Comment