23.8.09

Rings!

My new favorite accessory! For the longest time I wore two white gold rings on my left ring finger... and everyone always thought I was married. So, recently, I decided that if I'm ever going to get married, I may need to let people know that I'm single.

Thus started the ring phenomenon. First with the simple yellow ring, bought for a couple bucks at Forever21... one of the greatest stores out there! And slowly but surely my collection has grown. I now have enough rings, all worn on my left ring finger, to wear a different one each day of the week... and I love it! Of course I don't just wear a different one everyday, I match them to my outfits... because that's what girls do.




I realize that I took off the other rings so that people know I'm single, but I'm assuming that people also know that the kind of rings I'm wearing in place of the other ones would NEVER be engagement/wedding rings. It's just a super fun way to dress up any outfit!

I also wear a ring on my right hand. Its cool and funky and I consider to be my "Right Hand Ring" like the ones advertised in magazines(Zales, I think). You know, the end of the woman-power statement reads "Raise your right hand"... or something like that. Anyway... this ring of mine was a gift from my parents. It has a tiny diamond in the middle, and a sapphire(my birthstone) on each side. It's beautiful.


Check out the blog that inspired me to write about my rings... jeanierhoades.com (my linker isn't working, but just copy and paste this into your web address bar)

3 comments:

  1. You have a distictive style, a fashion sense that makes you YOU! I love that rings are a part of it! You are beautiful! MISS YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute post girlie!! I love rings too...this inspires me to wear mine more;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Miss Elise! Loved your post about the rings you are collecting. And wanted to drop in to say I MISS YOU! I am praying for you as you transition into this next chapter God has for you. I totally relate as a missionary kid to the saying goodbye thing...no fun...but the cool thing is that as God takes you from adventure to adventure for Him, He provides brand new relationships that are just awesome! I pray this next chapter brings joy and surprising relationships to your heart! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete