8.8.12

{an evening in august}

Saturday, August 4th was a sunny, cool, windy day. And it was just fine for a wedding. The day started early. Like 7am early. But everyone worked together to get everything set up!







The wedding took place at the homestead. Lots of open space and pretty views. I'm sure the photographers LOVED the area :) And I know I can't wait to see the pictures.




Samantha and Scott wanted their wedding to be a celebration shared with family and loved ones, and that's exactly what it was. I was honored to stand up for Samantha and be a part of the whole experience.







There was fun yard games and lots of yummy food. S&S are vegetarian/vegan so they chose foods that were equally delicious as they were fitting to their diets. There was American, Italian, Mediterranean, and Indian food enjoyed by all. It was such a great idea to have so many choices!




The evening was beautiful as the sun set. Lots of fun and laughing took place on the dance floor, along with the expected "ooo's and aw's" of the Father-Daughter and First Dances.





One of my favorite parts of the whole night was the cute drink station. S&S' friends and family brew their own beer and make their own wine. So there was plenty to go around. Homemade sangria called my name all night! And it was delish!





The photographers- a darling couple from Michigan- set up a "goof booth" where everyone was encouraged to go be goofy in front of the white screen. Katelynn and I had {probably} too much fun with that... Here's one of our "goofy" ideas:

Yeah. Silly, I know. But what can I say? We love the Olympics.

Anyway, it was a wonderful day. I am so happy for you, S&S, and wish you all the happiness in the world!

Isn't she gorgeous?! Yeah... not jealous at all...

love,
e.





1 comment:

  1. You're so sweet Elise! Thanks for all your help. It would not have gone so well without you!
    I did not see you and Katie's Olympic goof booth hilarity. Can't wait for that photo! You gals crack me up! Sam

    ReplyDelete