9.7.12

America the Beautiful: worth celebrating

I wouldn't call myself patriotic. I'm never really up on anything political- and until recently never really cared. This 4th of July, however, it really hit me how much I take our freedoms for granted. I've decided that I don't want to be that way anymore. Taking my freedoms for granted, I mean. There are people all over our world literally dying every single day fighting for freedoms I've never been without. Thank you, Lord for the realization and help me to be thankful of them every day.




O beautiful for spacious skies.


 For amber waves of grain.


For purple mountains majesties.

 
Above the fruited plains!
America! America!
God shed His grace on thee.

And crown thy good with brotherhood.

From sea to shining sea.

hope you had a great fourth and enjoyed a peek at mine :)

No comments:

Post a Comment