4.7.12

Berry-licious!

Remember how I mentioned way back in January how I was going to become a pie maker as my New Year's Resolution? That was a long time ago. I made an amazing apple pie months ago (you can read about that here), and had been waiting not-so-patiently for fresh berry season to make some kind of berry pie.

Well, do you also remember that holiday that came and went so quickly I barely feel like it was ever here in the first place? Oh, you're thinking of every holiday... Let me narrow it down. It starts with a Father's and ends with a Day. Did that help?

My papa was out of town for Father's Day, but we had Matt's Dad and Linda, his brother Chris and nephew CJ over for dinner. I made pie.


And let me just tell you... It was DELISH! I made a homemade crust {for the first time ever, mind you} and I think I may enter a contest. Now, I'm not usually one to toot my own horn, but I was nervous about messing it up. So when I didn't... I made sure the whole world knew it! Ha!



I know you're wondering what kind I made... Strawberry Rhubarb. Isn't your mouth just a-watering now? Mine is. When I went back and looked through the pictures I took for this blog I told the hubster I wanted another one.



So here's to many more... Because you know... Pies the limit ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment